Saturday, September 5, 2009

I said yes... to a dress :-)

Went dress shopping today for the 4th time... started the day convinced that I wasn't going to find anything and just wasn't expecting anything amazing. Mom and I head to Annapolis this time. 1st appointment is at Lex Bridals (http://lexbridaldesigns.com). We pull up to the store and it doesn't look terribly promising. Old neighborhood, small looking lot... *sigh. Store #1 is a bust... so I thought... and I thought wrong.

We get in and are greeted by the NICEST women you've ever met. Lex and Andrea are on site. They finisht working with their 1st bride and let mom and me peruse. During our shopping time we found matching bridal and MOB dresses... no, we should not be allowed to shop together in public. Then we find fushia, lime and orange dresses... maybe good options for the mom's. I personally liked the red one with feathers.

After being silly, we pick out three dresses. I try the first one on and they automatically come and bustle it, pin it with a sweetheart neck line, cut out a layer of crinolyn... etc. Lex, the owner, also happens to make dresses. She shows me what she can do to the dress and it is suddenly transformed into the super cool dress. I like it.

Dress #2: I really like. It has sparkily beads and a different beading pattern than I've seen. Doesn't seem to fit me as well.

Dress #3-5 no go.

Re-try on dress #1..... sure enough. This is the dress.

They put a rush order on it... and didn't charge me. What I paid today included 3 fittings, free alterations (minus the bustle and hemline) and the nicest women I've encountered yet. Lex Bridals... you rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment