Friday, August 7, 2009

A Ball of Sunflower Happiness!

POMANDERS!!!!

So I've become incredibly addicted to pomanders and decided I'd try to DIY them myself. So super easy I must say... and crazy addicting.


Step 1:
Obviously, purchase whatever materials/items you need. The foam balls are available at Michaels, Wal-Mart etc. Personally, I like the quality of the ones at Michaels better... they didn't shed on me :-). You also need the flowers, a wire cutter, a hot glue gun and a skewer or stick of some sort. You may also want paint to match the colors of your flowers.






Step 2 (optional):
paint ball to match flowers... just in case you have extra space and you can't tell.

Step 3:
Trime the flowers off the stems. I left about an inch of stem attached to the flower. Discard the remaining greenery.







Step 4:
Poke a hole in the ball,fill with hot glue (lowest heat setting as possible), put flower in hole.






Step 5:
repeat with varying pattern and play with how tight/loose you want your flowers packed in there.







Step 6:
glue on ribbon.

Step 7:
Enjoy your happiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment