Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cakes Cakes and Cakes

So we went cake tasting again last night. This time at Cakes by Maureen. I am feeling more confident about it as we go along.. the 1st time we went I had no idea what I was doing or what direction we are taking.. this time I knew what the plan was.. I had more questions and expectations.

Walking into her house, I noticed right away the difference in presentation styles. Both Sherry and Maureen had their strong suits... I think we're going to try Anitas and make a decision after that.

As far as flavors, I still like almond and lemon cakes. Will still likes red velvet. I tried a rasberry filling which I LOVED last night so that is something to keep in mind. I also got to try some fondant which I really enjoyed. I wasn't expecting it to taste like anything other than a rubber shoe sole, but it was pretty good. I'll definately keep with that.

We talked more about design and shape etc. I am liking the square cakes although everything else we have will be round (cupcakes, tables, people... just kidding :-p). I can't decide if I want a traditional elegant cake or something slightly funky. I'll post pictures tonight.. I'm off to a meeting!

1 comment: